Sicily places of Faith
“Man has always sought to impress a memory of himself in history leaving traces of his existence and his irrepressible relation with the divine… The rich and variegated Sicilian religious-artistic patrimony has stimulated us to trace out itineraries through the towns, places and icons of faith”.
- Arrive at Catania/Palermo and transfer to Capo D’Orlando.
- Dinner at the hotel.
- After breakfast, visit Patti, with its cathedral, and Tindari, to see the Shrine of the Black Madonna.
- Return to hotel for dinner.
- Breakfast. Full day tour in Syracuse you will visit the Cathedral, the church of San Giovanni, the Catacombs and the Shrine of Our Lady of Tears. Dinner at the hotel.
- Breakfast. Departure for the visit of Palermo: the Palatine Chapel, the Cathedral, the Church of Jesus and the Cathedral of Monreale.
- In the afternoon the possibility to visit the beautiful cathedral, with two towers, in Cefalu. Dinner at the hotel.
- Breakfast. Free morning in Capo D’Orlando with possibility to visit the Shrine of Our Lady of the sixteenth century.
- In the afternoon we visit St. Mark of D’alunzio, a village located in the Nebrodian mountains. Dinner at the hotel.
- Breakfast. Full day tour to Agrigento, a town known as the “Valley of the Temples”. Dinner at the hotel.
- Breakfast. After breakfast, you climb the Mountain of Nebrodi with its spectacular landscape of the Dolomites. The first step in Frazzanò to visit the Church of the Annunciation, the Church of San Lorenzo and the beautiful Abbey of St. Filippo di Fragala.
The tour continues through the villages of Longi, Galati Mamertino San Salvatore Fitalia which is expected to stop for a lunch of local produce.
- After lunch return to hotel for dinner.
- After breakfast, transfer to Catania/Palermo and departure.