Gourmet tour through the Jewels of Austria and Slovenia
Explore beautiful Vienna and Slovenia’s top selected destinations through traditional cuisine of these neighboring countries.
Viennese wine taverns are called “Heurige “and they reflect the cozy atmosphere along with Viennese wines, delicious food and sometimes live music. Starting from Vienna, Austria, continue to Slovenia, a country nominated for European Gastronomical region in 2021. Connecting the Alps, the Mediterranean, the Karst and the Pannonian Plain with diverse landscape it is also famous for diverse gastronomy. As a green, healthy and active country, it has a lot to offer.
- You will be met and transferred to a selected hotel.
- The rest of the day is free to explore Vienna.
- The morning sightseeing tour features the Hofburg, once
the seat of the Austro-Hungarian Empire, the Belvedere Palace,
views of the Prater amusement park, UN buildings, St.
Stephen’s Cathedral, and other vivid reminders of the city’s
- Afternoon free.
- In the morning, one of the tour’s highlights, a visit to the Vienna Woods, and then to Mayerling.
- Lunch at a local restaurant and free afternoon for shopping.
- Drive to Maribor, home of the oldest vine in Europe (over 400 years old). Your journey through the city of Maribor will be concluded with an exciting ride on a traditional wooden raft, while listening to traditional music.
- To have a taste of delicious local wines, we take you to a local winery.
- Our journey continues to the town of Ptuj, and Rogaska Slatina, a health resort with 400 years of history.
- Free time to relax.
- On this day, we take you to Ljubljana, Slovenian’s capital city. Our tour begins with a visit to the open market, the City Hall, Three Bridges and the Parliament.
- Lunch at a local restaurant. Afternoon free.
- On the way to the coast we visit the Postojna Caves. A ride by electric train will be followed by a guided walking tour.
- Only 9km away from Postojna is one of the most interesting baroque castles in Slovenia, Predjama Castle. It hangs dramatically in the middle of a high rocky cliff.
- After lunch at a local restaurant, we invite you to visit the town of Piran, a coastal city with charming Venetian architecture.
- After breakfast, departure for Lipica for a guided visit of the stables of the Lipizzaner horses.
- After a typical local meal, we take you to the picturesque village of Stanjel, with typical Karst architecture, which is followed by a tasting of the local delicacy, air-cured prosciutto and the Teran famous red wine at a typical Karst farm.
- Continue to Nova Gorica and gamble the night away at the Casino.
- After breakfast, a drive through the wonderful Soca Valley to the town of Kobarid, to visit the stunning First World War museum.
- After a meal in a local restaurant, our journey takes us over the mountain pass of Vrsic, where you can enjoy the breathtaking panoramic views of the valley,
and then to the picturesque alpine resort of Kranjska Gora.
- We continue to Bled, a unique Alpine town, with its emerald-green lake, and a church on the island in the middle of the lake.
- After a bus ride around the lake, there is a guided tour of Bled Castle. Then you will be taken by typical ‘pletna’ boat to the island.
- Lunch at a local restaurant.
- Afterwards, we take you to Vintgar Gorge. Dinner with folk music at a local restaurant.
- After breakfast, departure for Lake Bohinj and a cable-car ride up Mt.Vogel.
- After a pleasant mountain snack, visit the largest glacial lake in Slovenia, with a view of the highest Slovene peak Mt.Triglav rising above it.
- Breakfast and transfer to Ljubljana Airport.