A 7-day roundtrip from Ljubljana to Ljubljana including the best highlights of Slovenia… Ljubljana, Postojna, Piran, Goriška Brda, Soča Valley, Bled and Bohinj.
Slovenia is a real “Europe in miniature”, it is also called “Switzerland of the Balkans”, offering you a wide range of geographical diversity at a glance: high mountains overlooking beautiful lakes near the magnificent karst caves, the welcoming coastline beckons you before you immerse yourself in the lively urban centres, while in the East, a gentle landscape of plains, rivers, hills and vineyards unfolds.
- Upon arrival in Venice or Ljubljana, you will be met and transferred to your Ljubljana hotel. The rest of the day is free to relax or to begin exploring.
- This evening meet your fellow travelers for the orientation meeting including a Welcome Drink.
- In the morning enjoy a sightseeing tour of Ljubljana followed by lunch.
- After some free time take a cable car to Ljubljana castle and enjoy wine tasting of some excellent Slovenian wines with an amazing view of Ljubljana.
- Travel to the Karst region. Your first stop is at the Postojna Cave, one of the largest in Europe. Tour this unique subterranean world by miniature electric train.
- After the tour, proceed to a nearby wine producer for Teran wine and prosciutto tasting.
- Finally, drive to Piran on the Slovenian coast.
- See the highlights of Piran this morning, then head to Portoroz, a popular tourist resort. Continue to the hilly region of Goriška Brda.
- Discover the charming town of Šmartno and have a delicious dinner at a local tourist farm. Overnight in Nova Gorica.
- Drive along the emerald green Soca River, through Kobarid, featured in Hemmingway’s A Farewell to Arms and stop to visit of the WWI Museum.
- Later, continue to Bled, stopping at Boka waterfall viewpoint.
- A sightseeing tour shows you the highlights of this charming town on the shores of Lake Bled.
- You’ll also visit imposing Bled Castle, perched on a cliff high above the lake.
- We will return to the lake shore and taste the famous Bled cream cake.
- In the afternoon, tour to the other Alpine beauty, Lake Bohinj, enjoy a relaxing walk along the lake shore and take a cable car to Mt. Vogel.
- Enjoy some cheese tasting and admire the stoning Julian Alps.
- Tonight, celebrate the wonderfully scenic vacation with a Farewell Dinner at a local restaurant.
- After breakfast, you will be transferred to Ljubljana or Venice airport for your departure flight.
Send a request / Contact us
All details provided by you will be held by Kompas d.o.o and used in accordance with our Privacy Notice. By clicking ‘SEND’ you consent to Kompas d.o.o companies contacting you regarding the requested offer and information about our products and services.