A 7-day roundtrip from Ljubljana to Ljubljana including the best highlights of Slovenia… Ljubljana, Postojna, Piran, Goriška Brda, Soča Valley, Bled and Bohinj.
Slovenia is a real “Europe in miniature”, it is also called “Switzerland of the Balkans”, offering you a wide range of geographical diversity at a glance: high mountains overlooking beautiful lakes near the magnificent karst caves, the welcoming coastline beckons you before you immerse yourself in the lively urban centres, while in the East, a gentle landscape of plains, rivers, hills and vineyards unfolds.
- Upon arrival in Venice or Ljubljana, you will be met and transferred to your Ljubljana hotel. The rest of the day is free to relax or to begin exploring.
- This evening meet your fellow travelers for the orientation meeting including a Welcome Drink.
- In the morning enjoy a sightseeing tour of Ljubljana followed by lunch.
- After some free time take a cable car to Ljubljana castle and enjoy wine tasting of some excellent Slovenian wines with an amazing view of Ljubljana.
- Travel to the Karst region. Your first stop is at the Postojna Cave, one of the largest in Europe. Tour this unique subterranean world by miniature electric train.
- After the tour, proceed to a nearby wine producer for Teran wine and prosciutto tasting.
- Finally, drive to Piran on the Slovenian coast.
- See the highlights of Piran this morning, then head to Portoroz, a popular tourist resort. Continue to the hilly region of Goriška Brda.
- Discover the charming town of Šmartno and have a delicious dinner at a local tourist farm. Overnight in Nova Gorica.
- Drive along the emerald green Soca River, through Kobarid, featured in Hemmingway’s A Farewell to Arms and stop to visit of the WWI Museum.
- Later, continue to Bled, stopping at Boka waterfall viewpoint.
- A sightseeing tour shows you the highlights of this charming town on the shores of Lake Bled.
- You’ll also visit imposing Bled Castle, perched on a cliff high above the lake.
- We will return to the lake shore and taste the famous Bled cream cake.
- In the afternoon, tour to the other Alpine beauty, Lake Bohinj, enjoy a relaxing walk along the lake shore and take a cable car to Mt. Vogel.
- Enjoy some cheese tasting and admire the stoning Julian Alps.
- Tonight, celebrate the wonderfully scenic vacation with a Farewell Dinner at a local restaurant.
- After breakfast, you will be transferred to Ljubljana or Venice airport for your departure flight.