This 9-day tour features best must see spots in Dalmatian Croatia and Slovenia.
9 days including Dubrovnik, Split, Plitvice, Postojna, Bled, Ljubljana and Zagreb
- You will be met and transferred to your hotel.
- The rest of the day is at leisure until you gather with your Tour Director and fellow travelers for a Welcome Dinner.
- On a morning walking tour of Old Dubrovnik visit the Rector’s Palace, and see the Bell Tower Clock, Orlando’s Column, Sponza Palace, the Dominican Monastery, and Franciscan Monastery with its Pharmacy, one of the oldest in the world.
- The rest of the day is free.
- Travel north along the spectacular Adriatic coast, past old fishing villages and new resorts, to the city of Split.
- Enjoy a sightseeing tour featuring the historic inner city, built around the Roman Emperor Diocletian’s Palace, a UNESCO World Cultural Heritage site.
- Then see the remnants of Split’s Roman heritage, its Renaissance and Gothic structures, Jupiter’s Temple, the Peristyle, and the Cathedral.
to Trogir and Plitvice Lakes
- After breakfast, head to Trogir, the center of artistic activities. Scholars from around the world gather here to study and paint.
- Then, turn inland and travel to spectacular Plitvice Lakes National Park. Have your camera ready as you take a walking tour around several of the lower lakes. Enjoy the breathtaking scenery of this natural wonder of 16 terraced lakes surrounded by thickly wooded mountains and lush vegetation.
to Opatija, Postojna and Bled
- Return to the coast and travel along the beautiful bay of Kvarner to its popular resort, Opatija.
- After some free time, journey north to Postojna, home to one of the largest caves in Europe. Tour this fantastic subterranean world by miniature electric train.
- Afterward, continue to Bled, beautifully set in the Julian Alps.
- An Alpine lake surrounded by high peaks, Bled was “discovered” by travelers in the middle of the 19th century. Since then, a small town of hotels, villas, and restaurants has developed around the lake, turning Bled into a lively, all-seasons resort. A sightseeing tour features the charming town and the lakeshore and visits imposing Bled Castle, perched on a cliff high above the lake.
- The balance of the day is at leisure. Perhaps join an optional excursion to the small island in the middle of the lake Bled, scenic drive through the Alpine countryside and visit Bohinj and its namesake lake.
to Ljubljana and Zagreb
- Leave the mountains and head to Ljubljana, the capital of Slovenia. See the most significant sights of the old city center on a walking tour. Highlights include the picturesque open-air Central Market, the Three Bridges, Baroque Town Hall, and Robba’s Fountain.
- Then, continue to Zagreb, Croatia’s capital city.
- This morning, enjoy a city tour featuring the historic Upper Town, St. Mark’s Church, St. Catherine’s Church, the Cathedral, Parliament and Government Palace.
- The rest of the day is at leisure to explore the winding streets of the old town or take an optional excursion to see the countryside.
- After breakfast, you will be transferred to the airport for your departure flight.
Send a request / Contact us
I consentI do not consent