Porto City Break
Porto, also known as Oporto, is the second-largest city in Portugal, after Lisbon, and one of the major urban areas in Southern Europe. Located along the Douro River, Porto is one of the oldest European centres, and registered as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1996.
ts settlement dates back many centuries, when it was an outpost of the Roman Empire. One of Portugal’s internationally famous exports, port wine, is named for Porto, since the metropolitan area, and in particular the adegas of Vila Nova de Gaia, were responsible for the production and export of the fortified wine. The history of Porto dates back to the 4th century, to the Roman occupation of the Iberian Peninsula.
- Arrival to Porto and transfer to the hotel. Overnight in hotel.
- Breakfast and half day sightseeing tour of Porto with local guide. In the second largest portuguese city we will visit the Palacio de Bolsa (stock exchanges palace), the Saint Francisco Church and we will end in one of the famous wine cellar where we will have a tasting of local wine.
- Afternoon free, at leisure. Overnight in Porto.
- Breakfast in hotel. Day at leisure. Overnight in hotel.
- Breakfast in hotel. Transfer to airport and END OF SERVICES.