Paris and a Touch of France
France attracts each year millions of foreign tourists making it the most popular tourist destination in the world. It offers anything your heart and mind desire: Paris, one of the world’s truly great cities, charming towns and villages with castles and historical Landmarks, a diverse range of landscapes and beautiful nature.
Paris is one of the most fascinating cities in Europe, and tourists will find, in this wonderful city, those things to see and to do which are almost limitless. Known as the ‘City of Light’, the beauty of Paris is overwhelming and the architectural and artistic heritage both combined make any visit an unforgettable experience.
- Arrival to Paris; Transfer to your hotel. Dinner and overnight.
- After breakfast departure for the full day city tour starting on Montmartre Hill, where the famous Basilique du Sacre Coeur is situated. Continuation of the tour with all the historical landmarks of Paris (Cathedral of Notre Dame, Le Louvre, Opera, City Hall, University of Sorbonne, Pantheon, Place de la Concorde, Avenue Champs-Elysees, The Arch of Triumph, Hotel des Invalides.
- Short break for lunch and drive to the former royal castle of Versailles. Upon arrival tour of the Royal Apartments including the famous Hall of Mirrors. Afterwards un escorted walk through the most beautiful Renaissance gardens in France.
- In the evening we suggest a delicious dinner while watching the show in one of the well known Paris cabarets like for ex. Moulin Rouge, Lido, Crazy Horse…Overnight.
- Departure from Paris heading north to Normandy. Our first stop will be in Giverny, a small city that became famous because of Claude Monet, the undisputed leader of the French Impressionist school. A guided tour of the house, where he spent 43 years and the famous gardens, where he drew his inspiration from.
- Afterwards sightseeing of the biggest city in Normandy, Rouen, with the emphasis on its Cathedral made immortal by Claude Monet. Continuation of tour past the remarkable high-tech Normandy Bridge, where river Seine flows into the Atlantic Ocean. A stroll through the charming coastal town of Honfleur, where you will appreciate the traditional medieval architecture of northern France and enjoy town’s many art galleries, since Honfleur has always been a magnet for the artist of all kinds. Continuation to the D-day beaches where the operation Overlord took place. A tour of the numerous remains of old German fortifications, graveyards and memorials including Omaha Beach and Point de Hoc. After visiting this solemn remains drive back to Paris for overnight.
- Early in the morning departure for The Grand Chateau Tour, starting the road towards Tours and then we follow the road along Loire River for the guided tour of the Chenonceau castle, a romantic pleasure palace, magnificently built in symbiosis with water. Continuation to Amboise, where former king Francois 1st and his close protégé Leonardo da Vinci, spent a great deal of their life.
- On our way to Chambord, we’ll stop in one of the troglodytes; a typical dwelling carved into the limestone cliffs surrounding the valley and taste a glass of wine. Passing the Chaumont castle, which used to belong to the Queen Catherine de Medici, we slowly reach the undisputed crown jewel castle of the region – the Chambord Chateau. Guided tour of this spectacular 440-roomed edifice. Return to Paris and overnight at the hotel.
- Breakfast and overnight in the hotel. Free time for exploring Paris and surroundings – Disneyland, many museums (Louvre, Orsay, Picasso …).
- Breakfast at hotel and check-out. Transfer to the airport.