Cote d’Azur and Provence
France attracts each year millions of foreign tourists making it the most popular tourist destination in the world. It offers anything your heart and mind desire.
Seductive, irresistible, glamorous and sensual, Cote d’Azur will captivate you with its remarkable beauty & the impossibly blue water… true Mediterranean magic. Indulge in everything that Provence has to offer, food & wine, sunshine, the heady perfumes of Mediterranean vegetation, from the snow-capped mountains to the delta plains of the Camargue.
- Arrival to Nice. Transfer to your hotel. Check in and overnight.
- Breakfast at the hotel. Visit of Nice. It is the capital of the French Riviera (Côte d’Azur) and is the 5th largest city of France. Throughout the ages the town changed hands many times. Its strategic location and port significantly contributed to its maritime strength. For years, it was an Italian dominion, and then became part of France in 1860. Culturally and architecturally enriched over time, today Nice has become a truly cosmopolitan tourist destination. The city’s main seaside promenade, the Promenade des Anglais (‘the Walkway of the English’) owes its name to the earliest visitors to the resort. In the Old City of Nice, you will discover the narrow streets, the history of the town and the well known baroque architecture.
- Free time for lunch and to stroll around in the old part of Nice… Return to the hotel and overnight.
- Breakfast at your hotel. Drive to the city center of Cannes. Guided visit of this famous city to appreciate the harbor, the market and the old town: Le Squat. You will make a shopping tour on the sparkling promenade La Croisette along the Palaces such as Carlton, Martinez, Hilton and Majestic… Departure to Grasse. Visit the Fragonard’s perfume factory and museum which depicts the age old process of perfume creation that has been handed down from generation to generation. Late afternoon drive through the country side to Aix en Provence. Check in a hotel in the region of Aix en Provence and overnight.
- A morning visit of Aix en Provence. Well-known as the city of art and lights, Aix or Aix-en-Provence is a city in southern France, situated about 30 km north to Marseille. Famous for its superb preservation of architecture, its fountains and beautiful architecture. Free time for lunch and to stroll around. In the afternoon drive to explore the Camargue area. The Camargue is a triangular area lying on the coast between the Languedoc-Roussillon and Provence. It is a river delta where the Rhône meets the sea – a marshy island bounded by two branches of the Rhône and the Mediterranean Sea. With an area of over 930 km² (360 sq. miles), the Camargue is western Europe’s largest river delta, with exceptional biological diversity, and home to unique breeds of horses and bulls, and to more than 400 species of birds including pink flamingos. Return to Aix en Provence, overnight in a hotel.
- Morning drive to Avignon, a beautiful mediavel town. For some time capital of Christendom in the Middle Ages, the town retains the indelible mark of its grandiose destiny : the palace of the popes, the Saint-Benezet brigde, called the « pont d’Avignon » of worldwide fame through its commemoration by the song, and the ramparts constitute an exceptional complex of monuments listed by UNESCO as World Heritage sites. Free time to explore and have lunch. In the afternoon drive to Chateauneuf du pape for a wine tasting of the most famous Cotes du Rhone wine in France.
- Afterwards continue to the famous aqueduct “Pont du Gard”. The Pont du Gard is a notable ancient Roman aqueduct bridge that crosses the Gard River in southern France. The aqueduct was constructed by the Romans in the first century AD and was added to UNESCO’s list of World Heritage Sites in 1985. It is the highest of all Roman aqueduct bridges and is the best preserved after the Aqueduct of Segovia. Drive back to Aix en Provence, overnight in the hotel.
- Morning drive to Marseille and visit of the second largest city in France. Marseille is a city full of art and culture and has many wonders to share with you. With its 26 centuries of history, it combines tradition and modernity. Continuation along the coast to reach the fancy Saint Tropez. Arrival to Nice. Check in and overnight in a hotel in the region of Nice.
- Breakfast at your hotel. Departure for a gorgeous tour on the Moyenne Corniche towards Eze. Guided visit of Eze Village. Walk though the narrow street of the village perched on the hill top as an eagles nest. Art galleries and sumptuous views. The former castle transformed into a unique exotic garden.
- Continue to Saint Paul de Vence. Guided visit of the village and time for shopping. Built on its rocky outcrop and surrounded by its ramparts built on the orders of François I°, St Paul is certainly one of the most beautiful villages in Provence. The beauty of the surrounding area, quality of life and exceptional light has inspired numerous famous artists, painters, writers and poets, some of whom took up residence in the village. Free time for lunch.
- In the afternoon continue your journey towards the Principality of Monaco. Guided visit of Monaco and oceanographic museum – enjoy the old city of Monaco, “Monaco ville’”: Walk though the narrow streets of the Grimaldi family “Rock”, the cathedral, the Palace square.
- Dinner in Monte Carlo. Transfer back to your hotel and overnight.
- Breakfast at hotel and check-out. Transfer to the airport.